I walked 10k, stopped four times for a drink and my legs were longing for a thai massage. No, I am not talking about my last 10k cityrun, but rather about my last citywalk through Singapore.
16,017 steps and 10.8km – the yield of four hours sightseeing in the city of future.
82% of all Germans wear the wrong shoes – too big, too small or too tight. This is the result of the German Foot Report years ago.
It doesn’t matter, weather you go for a 10k rund or a 10k walk, you should definitely pay attention to the right footwear. It’s worth it.
When I talked to Philipp Pflieger this summer, one of the fastest marathon runners in Germany, I realized this once again.
“The Ultra Boost 19 is definitely a running shoe but I can’t recommend this shoe for a long distance run. The soft Ultra Boost sole feels comfortable on short distances , but for longer distances you should definitely change to another model – unless you are doing a city walk, when distance doesn’t matter ;).”
To be honest, I will never run a marathon or even a half marathon in my life. I am a tennis player. I need lines, a net and definitly a 1:1 competition. But 10k are worthwile for getting fit before the seaoson or for a city walk – preferably in Singapore 😉
After I had already done several short distance runs with my Ultra Boost >> read more , I followed Philipp’s advice and walked with my the Ultra Boost 19 across Singapore.
Conclusion: Almost 16.000 steps and 10k later, my legs and feet feel “better” than after a walk with flip flops or sneaker.
Top 5 reasons to buy an Ultra Boost 19
- the cushioning system is more responsive than the ones in the previous iterations.
- the primeknit upper felt comfortable and non-irritating to the skin
- The general durability was lauded as it didn’t break down on people, even after multiple runs.
- The versatility of this product with more than 10 colour ways to use it for exercising and urban adventures.
- this road companion was versatile enough to be used for activities other than running.
I am #inlovewithwithMyUltraBoost19
Coming Soon: Ultra Boost 20 (Preview)