We are all in this together in this tough times. There will be no live matches on the ATP/WTA Tour in the near future and all pros stay safe at home. Time to be creative and switch on virtual tennis.
The IMG agency has united eight of its top tennis clients, including the Williams sisters and Naomi Osaka, with leading names from the world of sport, entertainment and fashion to launch a new virtual tennis tournament.
This special tennis tournament, called “Stay At Home Slam” will be broadcasted on Facebook (sunday, 4pm ET) via eGaming, a new esports platform which launched earlier this month.
Tennis stars participating, and their corresponding celebrity doubles partners are:
- Serena Williams & fashion model Gigi Hadid
- Naomi Osaka & fashion model Hailey Bieber
- Venus Williams & DeAndre Hopkins of the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals
- Maria Sharapova & fashion model Karlie Kloss
- Kei Nishikori & DJ Steve Aoki
- Madison Keys & musician Seal
- Taylor Fritz & social media personality Addison Rae
- Kevin Anderson & Ryan Tannehill of the NFL’s Tennessee Titans