adidas kicks off 2020 by inviting the world to reimagine sport , challenging old stereotypes and celebrating movement of all kinds. Inspired by the belief that sport has evolved, the brand’s new Spring/Summer 20 collection asks its community of women to define what sport means to them.
Aimee Arana, General Manager of Global Training at adidas, says: “Women today are redefining what sport means to them, from dance, skiing, aerial yoga to skateboarding, women are doing it all. Movement is sport and it is about getting out and enjoying what sport can do for your body and mind. This collection was made for them. We are inviting women to get out there and play their way.”
Style Foused Activewear
The versatile collection features both performance and streetwear, with each piece created to inspire the athlete in all women, however they choose to play. It introduces style-focused activewear alongside iconic lifestyle looks; from high-performance tights to statement tracksuits.
- world champion skier, Mikaela Shiffrin
- yoga and meditation teacher, mother and author, Mae Yoshikawa
- world champion, Paralympic medalist and motivational speaker, Denise Schindler
- entrepreneur, writer, self-love advocate and versatile athlete , Chinae Alexander
- social entrepreneur, activist, author, student and dancer, Nadya Okamoto
- and psychologist, body positive activist and marathon runner, Jada Sezer.
Jessamyn says: “ Sport to me is anything that gets your body moving, all humans are like that. We just need to move our bodies.”
“All of us can get into a space of trying to put ourselves into moulds for other people, for society. More than anything I would just like to be authentic, because that will inspire other people to do the same thing.”